This training is designed for ancillary trades that need to enter a live asbestos removal enclosure for purposes other than asbestos removal (electricians for isolations, for example) It covers the essential points regarding the use of decontamination units and full transiting in and out of an asbestos enclosure.
A day’s training means at least 6 learning hours, not including breaks. Licensable training is separated into the following categories and the expected duration of training is outlined below:
- New Operative: Three days or a minimum of 18 learning hours (inclusive of practical sessions – approximately one day).
- New Supervisor: Three days or a minimum of 18 learning hours (inclusive of one day or a minimum of 6 learning hours of practical sessions).
- New Managers/Director: Two days or a minimum of 12 learning hours.
- Scaffolders: One day
- Scaffolding Supervisors: One day
- Managers/Directors of Scaffolding Companies: One day.
- Refresher training for all roles: 1 day or a minimum of 6 learning hours (with the exception of Scaffolders and Scaffolding Supervisors where the expected duration of this training will be ½ day or a minimum of 3 learning hours).