This course provides training for managers and supervisors of scaffolding companies working near asbestos containing materials.
This course is intended to help employees avoid carrying out work that will disturb asbestos or ACMs.
The are no requirements for this course
The syllabus comprises of six sections:
- Avoiding the risks of asbestos
- Types, characteristics and uses of asbestos fibres and the products you may find asbestos in
- Risks of asbestos, including diseases and how they are related to exposure
- Emergency procedures, including decontamination procedures
- Requirements for the correct use of respiratory protective equipment and personal protective equipment
- Asbestos legislation
Who is the course for?
This course is for managers and supervisors of scaffolding companies who will be working around asbestos, including within asbestos enclosures.
How long is the course?
The course is run over one day, with at least 6 hours of teaching required. Candidates must complete a short assessment at the end of the course.
£150 per person (1 day course) + vat