The New Licensed Asbestos Operative Training is in accordance with Regulation 10 of Work with materials containing asbestos, Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Approved Code of Practice and guidance (L143) and Chapter 4 of Asbestos: The licensed contractors’ guide (HSG247).
This course is designed to provide you with the appropriate skills and knowledge to remove asbestos safely.
There are no requirements for this course.
The syllabus comprises of the following sections:
- Types, uses and risks of asbestos containing materials
- Health risks of asbestos
- Asbestos related legislation
- Site set up, maintenance and dismantling
- Controlled stripping techniques
- Respiratory protective equipment and personal protective equipment and clothing
- Transit procedures and decontamination
- Cleaning and clearance air testing
- Plant and equipment
- Waste management and disposal
- Emergency procedures
- Potential non-asbestos hazards associated with asbestos removal
- Common faults associated with asbestos removal
- Roles and responsibilities within an asbestos removal company
- The need for site inspections and record-keeping
- Management systems and monitoring
- Risk assessments and plan of work
- Construction of enclosures and airlocks
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who are looking to start a career in the asbestos removal industry.
How long is the course?
The course runs over a three day period, with at least 18 hours of training required. Candidates must complete a short assessment at the end of the course.
A successful completion of the course allows candidates to undertake asbestos licensed works in accordance with the Control of Asbestos regulations 2012 and all associated Codes of practice.
£450 per person (3 day course) + vat