A course designed to give you the appropriate knowledge to provide Qualitative face fit testing.
This course provides practical guidance and working practical knowledge of providing Qualitative face fit testing. This includes every make and model of mask from FFP1, FFP2 & FFP3 disposable masks through to semi-disposable and reusable half masks.
There are no specific requirements for this course. However, it can be advantageous to have an awareness of HSG53 Respiratory Protective Equipment at Work & INDG479
The syllabus comprises of the following sections:
- Regulations and Guidance
- The Purpose and Applicability of Fit Testing
- Procedures for Selection of Adequate and Suitable RPE
- Fit Factors and Protection Factors
- Examination Procedures for RPE, Identification of Maintenance Problems
- Correct Donning Procedures and Pre-Use Fit Checks
- Qualitative Face-Fit Testing
- Diagnostic Checks on Equipment
- Correct Fit Testing Procedures, Purpose of the Fit Testing Exercises
- Problem Solving
- Capabilities and Limitations of the Fit Testing Equipment
- Interpretation of Results
Who is the course for?
Anyone who is looking to carry out qualitative face fit testing in accordance with guidance.
How long is the course?
The course is completed over one day and requires at least 8 hours of study time.
Candidates who successfully pass a formative practical and examination will be presented with a Certificate
£150.00 per person (1 day course)
Additional add on: Qualitative Face fit kits to take away at the end of the course (£200)
Find out more about the Respirator Face Fit Testing we offer.