The Non-Licensed Work with Asbestos Training is in accordance with Regulation 10 of Work with materials containing asbestos, Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Approved Code of Practice and guidance (L143) and Equipment and Methods Sheet EM2 of Asbestos essentials: A task manual for building, maintenance and allied trades on non-licensed asbestos work (Second edition) (HSG210).
This course provides the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to persons who will knowingly disturb asbestos containing materials during the course of their work activities, including building maintenance workers and supervisory personnel, and building maintenance managers.
Completion of the ‘Work with Non-Licensed Asbestos’ course.
The syllabus comprises of the following sections:
- Why is asbestos dangerous?
- Types of asbestos and their uses (including the materials in which they are found)
- Asbestos legislation
- Working with non-licensed asbestos containing materials, such as asbestos cement, textured coating and minor work with asbestos insulating board
- Appropriate management of asbestos waste
- Removal and replacement of asbestos containing materials
Who is the course for?
Those who have already completed the ‘Work with Non-Licensed Asbestos’ course.
How long is the course?
The course runs over one day, with at least 6 hours of training. Candidates must complete a short assessment at the end of the course.
A successful completion of the course will allow candidates to undertake asbestos non licensed works in accordance with the Control of Asbestos regulations 2012 and all associated Codes of practice.
£135 per person (1 day course) + vat